Training at East Sussex Group of Advanced Motorists is carried out by our team of qualified Observers who are all volunteers, enthusiastic about driving and committed to sharing their knowledge in order to make our roads safer.
Their ages range from young adults to seventy plus. We meet on the second Sunday afternoon of the month at Union Corner Hall, 128 Hawks Rd, Hailsham BN27 1ND, where our Observers will guide the Associate to reach the standard required to pass the IAM Driving Test. We can arrange for a one to one system with one Observer allocated to the Associate at other times to suit both parties. At this point a Senior Observer carries out a dummy test to confirm suitability for submission to test.
The first drive is a free assessment lasting approximately 30 minutes, followed by a full debrief. Finally the potential member decides whether they wish to join.
The Advanced Driver course run by East Sussex Group of Advanced Motorists provides:
- A demonstration drive by the Observer in his/her own car.
- Associate Membership of East Sussex Group of Advanced Motorists and the IAM for one year.
- As many drives as required to get to test standard (Av: 8-10) at no extra cost.
- The IAM training manual and the current Highway Code.
- The Advanced Driving Test fee.
- Three issues of the IAM magazine, “Advanced Driving.”
- Attendance at East Sussex Group of Advanced Motorists socials and membership activities – usually held monthly.
- Quarterly East Sussex Group of Advanced Motorists “The Beam” magazine.
At £175, the Advanced Driver course is excellent value for money. Test application is only made when both parties are confident of success. The result is an almost 100% pass rate over many years. Our priority is to improve driving standards at the individual’s own pace in a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere.
The benefits of joining East Sussex Group of Advanced Motorists may be summarised as follows:
- Become a safer driver – Members are up to 70% less likely to have an accident.
- Become a smoother and more confident driver and experience even greater enjoyment.
- Less wear and tear on your vehicle – tyres last longer etc.
- Improved economy – more miles per gallon.
- Possible lower insurance costs.
- The opportunity to remain a member, have periodic check drives and maintain the standard.
For further information please contact us.